Sunday, February 2, 2020


WINTER STUDIO MUSINGS!
By MARY RUEDIG

While sitting in my studio, in the dark of winter, I am painting

 scenes from my memory.







I know these views of Lake Sunapee by 

heart but since I’m not looking at them as I 

paint, I am able to play with the line, value 

and colors.







I end up with paintings that remind me of 

my favorite landscapes, but they are very different from the actual 

scenes.



















I never know what the painting will look like

 when I start, and am constantly excited and 

surprised by what happens when water mixes 

with paint or ink.










---------------------


NOTES IN ADDITION …….


I am thinking of making some ceramic tiles for the wall behind our 

stove. 






These veggies are sketches of what I might put


 on the tiles.








I am trying to keep the lines and colors simple 

to simplify the glazing.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it just grand to paint such a dearly loved place with heartfelt emotion Mary?! So often that important piece gets missed when we paint from photos. Kudos! And wouldn't those tiles look fabulous! Cool idea.

    ReplyDelete